Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BIGGEST LOSER: DENI HILL WINS $100,000

Congrats to Deni Hill of Bountiful, who won $100,000 tonight on NBC's "The Biggest Loser."  And, I might add, she is in my Body Jam class!


Here is my interview with her that ran in the Deseret News a couple of weeks ago, where she predicted that she would be in the final four at-home contestants.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700136172/Biggest-Loser-celeb-Denise-Hill-isnt-one-in-game-of-life.html

Also, since I posted about meeting Biggest Loser winner Deni Hill in my aerobics class, I've had a few people ask about it.  It happens that Deni and I are both members of Skills Fitness Center, 1525 North Main Street, Bountiful, Utah.  This morning I was talking to Paul Swensen, the gym's membership manager . He said anyone who calls him and mentions they read about this on my blog can get a free three-day trial pass to Skills, http://skillsfitness.com. Full disclosure: I pay a regular membership fee and I'm not getting any mileage out of mentioning this.  But, if you want to work out at the same place where Deni dropped all those pounds, give Paul a call at (801) 298-5050. 


Oe more thing: I hope NBC isn't pulling another "Rulon Gardner" by putting tennis star Anna Kournikova into the trainer position vacated by Jillian Michaels. Does BL really need another celebrity athlete? 
This season started out with a lot of ads surrounding Rulon, but that faded when Rulon didn't go the distance. He was a no-show at the finale, and there was not even a mention of him when his partner, Justin, weighed in.  


As a tennis player, Anna was better known for her looks and glamour than her actual accomplishments on the court.  Although Jillian's rude rants got on my nerves, she proved that she could motivate, teach and really push the contestants.  I hope Kournikova will be able to do the same, and she's not coming on board merely as window dressing and celebrity hype.  

No comments: